OT-Innovations.com Main Page
Safety Tools

OT-Innovations Forum Index » General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mddong
Forum Newbie

PostPosted    Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by mddong

Hi Tina

I am new to the Veterans Admin and we are implementing recovery/ restraint/reduction protocols which include safety tools and a sensory room which is exciting.

I was looking at the MA DMH safety tool and the one for Cooley Dickenson Hospital; the ones you posted in your website. At Cooley Dickenson, do you use the modified form in-lieu of the DMH safety tool or do you use them both? How do you use the safety tool at Cooley dickenson? I showed it to our recovery coordinator, M.D. and nurses and they really like it; we will implement this ASAP.

I was the coordinator for SIG meetings in Boston for a few years. I wish we could have met. I always wanted to go to your SIG meetings until I looked at the map and saw how far it was... Maybe sometime in the future,

Thanks
Matthew Dong
OT Sacramento VA
Mather CA
Tina Champagne
Site Admin

PostPosted    Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by Tina Champagne

Hi Matt
How wonderful! This is so important to the population you serve!

First, I am no longer working at Cooley Dickinson Hospital. I now work for the Center for Human Development in Springfield MA where I have created teh Institute for Dynamic Living which includes a focus on OT clinical services, consultation, educational trainings & research/publications. We have established an OT clinic as part of the Institute for which I am the OT Program Director. This has been a life-long dream of mine and I am very excited about it. I will be updating my website soon with information about it, but at this moment I am busy finishing up 7 papers/publications for AOTA and for my doctoral work.

Regarding the safety tool, the version from Cooley Dickinson is one that we developed that was modified based on what we could actually offer our clients for helpful strategies and because we felt it should flow in the order that it does. We had to keep all of the elements that DMH requires for safety tools so we did not use 2 tools, only the one we developed - after submitting it to them and getting their approval.

Please let me know how you do with this initiative and I would love to get permission from your administrator and a copy to post on the website so that other people working in VA systems can see what you are doing and have the resource. Do you think that would be possible?

Sincerely,
Tina
Kenyoneay
Forum Newbie

PostPosted    Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by Kenyoneay

thanks to tina ans matt to telling us such a great safety tool about that great measurement, thanks good job Smile

insurance
quotes
   OT-Innovations Forum Index » General Discussion Page 1 of 1

Jump to: