OT-Innovations.com Main Page
Allen scale & workstation analysis

OT-Innovations Forum Index » General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tina Champagne
Site Admin

PostPosted    Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by Tina Champagne

Hi everyone,

Have any of you ever used the Allen scale (or any other cognitive scale for that matter) to assess workstations re: cognitive demands? I am working on just such a project and would love to hear from anyone who has done a similar project.

This is for a company named Riverbend Furniture - which employs people with mental health issues, largely schizophrenia.

I have already contacted several of the Allen Board members and they have not done anything of this nature. I have also submitted postings on both the MH & Work Listservs through the AOTA website...with no responses as of yet.

Thanks!
Tina
gennifer
Forum Newbie

PostPosted    Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by gennifer

Tina,
I have done something similar with a small local buisness who wanted to hire some clients from our state hospital. I did begin the project but it all fell through as the business was started by a man with disabilites who became sick and was not able to carry it out.

I started out looking at the tasks he wanted done and divided them into the various Allen Levels. like sorting hardware with less than 2 striking features for low 4's, assembling for 4.8's and welding and using electrical tools for mid 5's with supervision.

It was a fun project. Of course I knew the levels of the clients and suggested them for each type of job station.
   OT-Innovations Forum Index » General Discussion Page 1 of 1

Jump to: