OT-Innovations.com Main Page
Institute for Dynamic Living & Other Updates on My Work

OT-Innovations Forum Index » General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tina Champagne
Site Admin

PostPosted    Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by Tina Champagne

Greetings everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to announce that I have recently changed positions and have collaborated with my current employer, the Center for Human Development, in establishing a life-long dream of mine, the Institute for Dynamic Living (IDL). The IDL provides not only clinical services within the varied sites of the Center for Human Development, but also provides outpatient and consultation services to the general public and other MH organizations on local, state, national and international levels. Additionally, we will be providing educational trainings (in addition to those I offer through Champagne Conference & Consultation), and we will be participating in research and publications.

I have been extremely busy between trying to establish this new "Institute" and clinic, and with my other daily work activities - including finishing up my doctoral work at BU (to be completed this May 2010). Additionally, I have had the honor to start my 3 year term as the MH SIS Chair for AOTA with my committee (Jane Koomar, Linda Olson, & Karla Gray). Hope to see you at the Annual AOTA conference this year in Orlando & please consider networking also through the AOTA forum. One of my committee's initiatives is to make Sensory Approaches in MH one of AOTA's new emerging practice areas and part of that process is to create a group on OT Connections where we can demonstrate a big interest and support for practitioners who are trying to incorporate the use of sensory approaches into their work as MH practitioners. We can certainly use all of the support we can get!

These opportunities have been amazing experiences that will bring forth a lot of movement in many areas (in my opinion). I tell you this not only to update you on my recent works but also to let you know that between January and this summer, a great deal of changes and additional information will be listed on this website.

My doctoral work is serving to help me with finalizing a lot of the weighted blanket research publications and my main project is the development of a weighted blanket competency-training that can be used to help educate licensed practitioners in how to safely implement the use of weighted blankets.

I want to also wish all of you a very health and happy holiday season and thank you for all of your ongoing support, kind words and well wishes throughout the year. Mainly, thank you for being such strong, passionate and dedicated practitioners and for helping to "carry the torch" because it certainly takes a village! Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!

Sincerely,
Tina

Tina Champagne, M.Ed., OTR/L, CCAP
Institute for Dynamic Living, OT Program Director
342 Birnie Avenue
Springfield, MA 01107
Phone: 413-439-2170
Email: TChampagne@chd.org
   OT-Innovations Forum Index » General Discussion Page 1 of 1

Jump to: