OT-Innovations.com Main Page
Resource recommendations?

OT-Innovations Forum Index » General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oconnorj
Forum Newbie

PostPosted    Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by oconnorj

I work for a large non-profit for at-risk youth and my role is to provide education to staff and consult on difficult cases. I use sensory regulation as my main scope of focus for training and consultation. I have some money to spend before the end of the fiscal year, so am looking for suggestions of resources to purchase. Some ideas we had were Karen Moore's Sensory Connection Program for Self-Regulation, Bal-A-Vis-X, Observations Based on Sensory Integration Theory.

I would love suggestions!! I am interested in learning all that I can on trauma and sensory regulation, especially in working with pediatric populations.

PS. Tina, I would be very interested in attending one of your lectures/conferences next time one is available.

Thank you,
Jessica
Tina Champagne
Site Admin

PostPosted    Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by Tina Champagne

I have posted my introductory workshop for 2015 on this forum and website.

If interested in my book it is available through here:
https://www.pearsonclinical.com.au/products/view/363

Thanks for your interest!
Tina
larisa
Forum Newbie

PostPosted    Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by larisa

Hi there, I have a similar question! I work with kids who have experienced complex trauma, developmental trauma and with behavioural issues. I am the first OT with the organisation, and I am a new grad. I am keen to develop a sensory modulation program as well as working towards helping the kids better engage in occupations.

I was also wondering what the best resources are to start with? Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of getting your book Tina - would this be useful for a population of kids 7 - 17 y.o?

I would also like to do a workshop but I'm in Sydney Australia. Are you planning on coming? Something around complex trauma, sensory processing, behavioural issues, developmental delay, attachment issues, assessment/intervention for children/adolescents for occupational engagement.
   OT-Innovations Forum Index » General Discussion Page 1 of 1

Jump to: