Sensory Room Furniture- that meets Boston fire code

General discussions here

Moderator: Tina Champagne

Nancy DiMeo
Forum Newbie

Sensory Room Furniture- that meets Boston fire code

Post by Nancy DiMeo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Since I found it such a challenge to find glider chairs and bean bag like foof chairs that meet the Boston fire code, Tina suggested that I share what information I have discovered. There is no need for anyone else to be growled at by the chemist of the Boston fire dept.

The code that we need to meet is CAL TB 133. It seems to be the most strict in the country.

I have used Creative Office Pavilion - www.creativeofficepavilion.com as a resource. Nemschoff - [email protected] is another possibility. Both are very expensive, the first a bit less so.

If you find furniture that meets CAL TB 117 such as the foof chairs in Abilitations catalog, South Shore Upholstery - [email protected], 617 472 2225 - can treat it to meet CAL TB 133. I am at the beginning of the process of doing this.

Hope this makes it an easier process for anyone else who needs to meet this code.
Feel free to contact me at 617 983 7920 if you have any questions.

Tina Champagne
Site Admin

Post by Tina Champagne » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Personally, I do not have a preference per say...it is more about what I want and the best place to get it all things considered (primary vendor, shipping fees or not, etc).
Tina
Tina Champagne, OTD, OTR/L

Tina Champagne
Site Admin

Post by Tina Champagne » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:31 pm

I wanted to add to this that I have recently purchased from YOGIBO who can provide information stating that their products also meet some of the strictest fire codes. ;0)
Tina Champagne

gracy741
Forum Newbie

Re: Sensory Room Furniture- that meets Boston fire code

Post by gracy741 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:55 am

Hello,

I need lounge chair for my room so you have that type of table. I urgently needed or any other shop who give me in cheap price.
Do you have any recommend shop?
Thanks...

Tina Champagne
Site Admin

Post by Tina Champagne » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:43 pm

Sorry but I am not aware of where to get such a table other than the vendor listed.
Tina

gracy741
Forum Newbie

Post by gracy741 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:33 am

gracy741 wrote:Hello,

I need lounge chair for my room so you have that type of table. I urgently needed or any other shop who give me in cheap price.
Do you have any recommend shop?
Thanks...
One of my friends suggests me to visit Eternity Modern to buy a lounge chair. There you will find a wide range of modern furniture at an affordable price.